These instructions were made for routers that have Tomato firmware installed. Tomato version 1.28 was used to prepare this tutorial.
1. On your browser, open router settings page by entering its address in the address bar (the address is 192.168.1.1 by default).
2. On menu located on the left side of the screen click on the VPN Tunneling tab and then click on OpenVPN Client tab.
3. As shown in the screenshot, set the following options:
Start with WAN – Check the box.
Interface Type – TUN.
Protocol – Choose either UDP or TCP.
Server Address/Port – Enter server address in the first field and port in the second one – 1194 if you set Protocol to UDP or 443 if you chose TCP.
Please visit our server list to find out address of the server you wish to connect to (You need to be logged in to see server address field).
Firewall – Automatic.
Authorization Mode – TLS.
Username/Password Authentication – Checked. Enter your VPNExpress credentials in the newly appeared fields.
Username Authen. Only – Unchecked (default).
Extra HMAC authorization (tls-auth) – Choose Outgoing (1) from the drop down list.
Create NAT on tunnel – Checked.
4. Click on Advanced tab and set the following options:
Poll Interval – 0 (default).
Redirect Internet traffic – Checked.
Accept DNS configuration – Disabled (default).
Encryption cipher – Choose AES-256-CBC from drop down list.
Compression – Choose Enabled from drop down list.
TLS Renegotiation Time – -1 (default).
Connection retry – Set to -1.
Verify server certificate (tls-remote) – Unchecked (default).
Custom Configuration – Leave empty (default).
5. Proceed by clicking on Keys tab. Download OpenVPN configuration pack and extract it. Find a configuration file for the server you were setting up and open it (in this case at1.vpn.express.udp1194.ovpn).
Static key – in this field copy and paste text from to block.
Certificate Authority – in this field copy and paste text from to block.
It should look like this:
6. Confirm and save all changes by clicking on Save button at the bottom of settings page. To establish a connection, click on Start Now button. In order to check if you have connected successfully please visit Status page.